Need help? We’ve identified some of the most common questions about TampaGov and our online services. If you can’t find what you need, please Send us a message or call the City of Tampa Service and Information Office at (813) 274-8211.
Councils and commissions
Use this service to see a list of councils and commissions. Select a council or commission to learn more about its purpose, contact information, members, and committee members. Views are available based on each individual’s status and membership.
Business Tax Inquiries
To access Professional tax information to view tax receipt records and locate a business by address, business name, or owner name. Online help is available.
Information about the cemetery
Find relatives who rest in cemeteries maintained by the City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department through the cemetery database. The facility provides specific information about Woodlawn, Jackson Heights, Oaklawn, and Marti/Colon cemeteries.
Customer Service Center (CSC)
The Customer Service Center provides the citizens of Tampa with a tool to communicate directly to various city departments.
Job offers and job applications
See current job offers the city of tampa is recruiting and applying online. Detailed help for the process is available.
The online application submission service guides you through the application process. Application process:
- Select the positions that interest you and provide the basic information requested. Provide additional information if needed.
- Complete each page by clicking on the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page to save the information entered.
- Use the menu bar at the top of each page as a reference to know which step in the process is being completed. You can move from section to section to make corrections and additions using the menu bar; however, be sure to use the “Continue” button at the bottom of every page each time you enter information, as this is the only way it is saved. Steps with multiple pages will list each page name on a second line and the displayed page will be in bold.
- Enter the information in the fields marked with an asterisk
- Provide additional information for sections that allow multiple entries. For example, provide multiple work history entries, one for each previous job/employer experience. In these cases, check the “Add another” button located next to “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- Skip a section by unchecking the “Validate required fields” button, then press “Continue”.
- All sections must be completed before the application can be submitted.
- Click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page after making changes to save the information.
- Check the messages next to a section title to ensure that all required information has been provided.
- Complete all sections before submitting the application. Incomplete sections will not be processed.
- Edit the information before submitting the application by tapping on it or deleting the text.
- Print the City of Tampa employment forms with the information entered by clicking the print icon in the right menu. Printing is not necessary. This feature is provided to create a hard copy for personal records.
Printing forms does not submit a request.
Firefighters and police call for service See lists of police and firefighters calls the service. The listings are available for a period of one week and are updated frequently on a scheduled basis. Detailed descriptions of each service are provided in the Fire & PoliceService Calls User Guide
Fire, rescue and police calls for service cards Show locations of police
and fire calls service on a map. A list of police service calls for the past 24 hours is available and is updated every 15 minutes.
Neighborhoods Access Tampa neighborhoods
facility to learn about organized neighborhoods within the Tampa city limits. Select a specific neighborhood via a map, by entering an address, or by selecting a neighborhood name. Information available includes neighborhood association contacts, neighborhood meeting times, photographs, demographics, land use, and printable maps. The information also includes unique features such as city council districts, evacuation and flood zones, hospitals, libraries, parks and schools.
. Type in an address (Tampa addresses do not require a city, state, or zip code) and click the “Submit” button. If the address is located in the city of Tampa, details of the address will also be provided. Lists of fire stations, schools, parks, etc. are available. The option to increase or decrease the search distance can be accomplished using the “Change search radius” link.
Get additional information, location details, and directions to or from the location entered in the address call box. Close the box by clicking on the “X” in the upper right corner, or by clicking on the “Hide” option.
The map can be viewed in different formats, including street and satellite or aerial views.
Meeting Agendas Look for City council agendas
by keyword or calendar attribute. The search page provides instructions and definitions. Meeting agendas are also available via an RSS feed.
News and Public Notices
Consult the press releases and public announcements issued by municipal services in the News and public notices section. Announcements are accessible via the menu bar in the following categories: Current; Highlighted; Expired; and all. These notices are also available as RSS feeds. This facility has its own search capability and results can be sorted by date with keyword relevance.
Pay City of Tampa bills using online payment services (e-commerce). The Services use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption to ensure the confidentiality of credit card information, name, address and all other information provided.
We recommend that you print a receipt after making an online payment for your personal records. For those who provided an email address, an electronic receipt is also sent. Payment is processed at the end of the current business day, except on weekends, holidays, or after 9:00 p.m., in which case payment will be processed at the end of the next business day. Send questions
or call during normal business hours at (813) 274-8252 for more information.
Park facilities Locate parks and playgrounds with specific amenities using the Search for parks
ease. The city of Tampa has over 125 parks and 75 playgrounds, which include amenities such as boat ramps, computers, ball diamonds, tennis and racquetball courts, and more .
Get the latest job posting notifications, city council agendas and other important public announcements via RSS feeds. RSS feeds contain summaries of the latest updates on pre-screened TampaGov content. This automated feature provides more convenience than manually checking pages. Streams can be received on PCs, PDAs, cell phones and other electronic communication devices.
to one or more City of Tampa electronic newsletters, press releases and event notifications. Email communications are accompanied by an “unsubscribe” link for the option to be removed from the subscription list.
Tampa area locator maps and directions Map and locate
nearby public schools, parks, fire stations, hospitals, and other points of interest for a specific Tampa City address. Limited information is available for addresses outside the city limits and in Hillsborough County. The service offers quick maps of popular places, major points of interest, city and regional maps, and other mapping facilities offered by the city.
Traffic advisory cards
View traffic incident locations in the traffic advisory map. A list of traffic incidents over the past 24 hours is available and the page is updated every 15 minutes. Incidents include hit and run; street obstructions; accidents; and signal failures.
Still need help? Send us a message
or call the City of Tampa Service and Information Office at (813) 274-8211.