Epic Online Services crossplay dev tool has been updated to seamlessly support the Steam and Epic Games Store communities on PC.
- All friends, one place. Friends from Steam and Epic Games Store merge into a single overlay allowing players to see all of their friends in one list.
- Built-in game prompts. In-game, players can search and send friend invites on Steam and the Epic Games Store, making it easy to connect and play together.
- Account link. Integration without email or password request. With just a few clicks, Steam gamers can jump into a game while an Epic Games account is created under the hood for their Steam account.
- Improvements without update. When games are installed, crossplay functionality is distributed via an auto-updating in-game overlay. Players can enjoy new features and improvements without needing to update anything themselves.
- SDK ready to use. Each Epic Online Services toolset is self-contained, so developers can mix and match the services they want to implement, incorporate the elements they want, and leave the rest. Crossplay tools are no different.
Epic is also working on adding support for more PC, macOS, and Linux stores, and even console and mobile platforms. As a reminder, Epic Online Services is not limited to Unreal Engine and can be used with any engine, store or platform.